Welcome to the second episode of The Official Red Chip Poker Podcast! This episode begins a unique podcast-type where we ask our coaches one question and create an on-focus show highlighting answers to help you play better poker. Today’s question is simple:
“How do you study poker and continue to improve? What’s one thing players could implement in their study-time to improve quicker?”
- How To Learn Poker From Videos
- How To Study Poker (Premium Video)
- Deliberate Practice (PRO Membership video by Dr. Tricia Cardner)
- Equilab – learn how to use Equilab by using this video
- Flopzilla – learn how to use Flopzilla by using this video
- The Red Chip Poker Forum
- Mike Gano – Gives us a glimpse of his study process, talks about deliberate practice and how it relates to poker, and shares how setting micro-focuses has helped him improve
- Derric Haynie – Explains what his off-table study routine looks like
- Jonathan Little – Shares why poker videos (when watched the right way) are extremely powerful for improving quickly.
- Dr. Tricia Cardner – Delves into the power of note-taking when watching poker videos
- Gareth James – As a SNG player, James shares what his off-table routine looks like
- Christian Soto – Explains why you need to be brutally honest with yourself and surround yourself with players that are better than you.
- Doug Hull – Why teaching other players can massively benefit you
Get information about all of our coaches when you visit the Red Chip Poker Coaches page!
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you for checking out our podcast. If you have any feedback or questions, just leave a comment below.
Also, we’d love if you left an honest review of the Red Chip Poker Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews help more people find the show, and help us create the content you want to hear on a weekly basis ♥
Thanks again for hanging out with us today, and we’ll see you back soon for another conversation!